2018 FALL AUDITION DATES:
AUGUST 1, 2018: Audition material, Audition info form and signup links are posted
AUGUST 20-25, 2018: Auditions Round 1 & 2
2018 FALL AUDITIONS: INFO WILL BE UPDATED 8/1/18
If you are assigned to a Wind Studies ensemble MAKE SURE you are ENROLLED in the HOLDING COURSE!!!!
We will move you to the course for your assigned ensemble. If you were not assigned we will drop you from the holding course.
Undergrad MULB 1806.520
Graduate MULB 5173.520
August 1-17, 2018:
Audition excerpts posted and sign-ups will be opened on 8/1/18
Complete and Submit the Audition Information Form- Will open on 8/1/18
2018 Audition Information Form- Will open on 8/1/18
- Fill out the ENTIRE form (if an item does not apply to you, simply enter “N/A”).
- Applied teacher: If you have not been assigned an applied teacher, please refer to list below and use the faculty listed for your instrument.
- Note: Your student ID is the 8-digit number assigned to you by UNT, NOT your username (combination of letters and numbers).
Enroll in the Holding Section (labeled as “Wind Symphony” or "Large Ensemble: Band" in the Course Catalog)
- For Undergraduate students, this course is MULB 1806.520
- For Graduate students, this course is MULB 5173.520.
► Be sure to download and print the required excerpts for your instrument – happy practicing! MATERIALS WILL BE POSTED ON 8/1/18
- Flute audition material, Piccolo audition material
- Oboe audition material
- Bassoon audition material
- Clarinet audition material
- Saxophone audition material
- Trumpet audition material
- Horn audition material
- Tenor Trombone audition material
- Bass Trombone audition material
- Euphonium audition material
- Tuba audition material
- Percussion audition material
August 20-25, 2018:
Round 1 and Round 2 Auditions; Ensemble Assignments Determined
Complete your Round 1 Audition (w/ applied faculty) – Good luck!
Determine your Round 2 Audition Time
- This time slot will be assigned to you. Within 1-2 days of your Round 1 Audition, your Round 2 Audition time will be posted on the Wind Studies website.
- PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE WIND STUDIES OFFICE ASKING WHEN YOUR ROUND 2 AUDITION IS, AS IT ONLY PROLONGS THE PROCESS! We will post the times once all results from the applied faculty are sent to us – we promise
Complete your Round 2 Audition (w/ applied faculty and ensemble faculty) – Good luck!
Determine your Ensemble Assignment
- Within 1-2 days of your Round 2 Audition, your ensemble assignment will be posted on the Wind Studies website – make sure you know your ensemble’s rehearsal schedule!
- Note: All Wind Studies ensembles WILL rehearse during the first week of classes