Wind Studies and Orchestral Studies Auditions
Fall 2023 Auditions:
ATTENTION WIND STUDIES STUDENTS:
Wind Studies Convocation
There will be a MANDATORY meeting for all Wind Studies students on Monday 8/21/23 at 3:15 pm in the Murchison PAC Winspear Hall.
All music major students in Wind Studies ensembles are REQUIRED to attend this meeting.
*Only class conflicts will be excused. Please email email@example.com if you cannot attend due to a class conflict.
Placements are now posted. Click on the instrument for the placements!
ROUND 2 AUDITIONS AT THE MURCHISON PERFORMING ARTS CENTER
- Please arrive at least 20 minutes prior to your audition time.
- If your audition is early (8:00-8:30am), do not arrive before 7:30am. The doors will not be open until 7:30am.
- Results will be posted on this website later this week. Do not email Wind Studies asking for the results!
- Make sure you are enrolled in the holding course so we can move you to your assigned ensemble!
FLUTE - Group A, Group B
OBOE- Round 2 Schedule
BASSOON - Group A, Group B
CLARINET- Group A, Group B
SAXOPHONE - Group A, Group B
TRUMPET - Group A (updated 8/16 730am); Group B
HORN - Group A (Updated A list 8/16 8:45pm) , Group B
TROMBONE - Group A, Group B
EUPHONIUM - Group A, Group B
TUBA - Group A, Group B
PERCUSSION - Group A, Group B
Fall 2023 Audition Dates: August 14-18, 2023
IMPORTANT: Please read through the information below and submit the required information as prompted!
- All instrumental music majors are required to participate in a large ensemble (Mulb) during fall and spring semesters.
- All students participating in ensembles will audition in round one with the instrumental faculty. The results of round one are sent to Wind Studies in two groups (A and B) for round two auditions.
- Students will be assigned an audition slot either for round 2 group A or group B based on the results from round one. This audition will be with the Wind Studies and Orchestral Conductors, and instrumental faculty.
- After round two, the conductors and instrumental faculty will coordinate placements into ensembles. The placements will be posted on the Wind Studies website.
Before you audition you must complete the following requirements:
- Submit an audition information form : posted below
- Sign up for a round one audition: sign up link will be sent upon receipt of audition information form
- Print out and practice audition materials: materials will be sent after you have signed up for a round 1 audition
- Enroll in the ensemble holding course before 8/17/23. DO NOT ENROLL AS A WAITLIST FOR AN ENSEMBLE!!!
- Undergrad Mulb 1806.520
- Graduate Mulb 5173.520
- Once you are assigned to an ensemble Wind Studies will move you to your assigned group.
- If you are not enrolled in the holding course, you could incur late registration fees.
*ROUND 1 AUDITIONS:
1. Submit an audition information form:
AUDITION INFORMATION FORM
- You will be sent a confirmation email when you submit the form and Wind Studies will respond within 1 business day to provide the round 1 sign up link.
- After you have signed up for an audition you will be sent the audition materials. Do not share the sign up link or materials. We must receive a form from a student before they can sign up for an audition!!!!
- NOTE: Forms submitted on Friday or Saturday will not receive the sign up link until the following Monday.
2. Round 1 audition sign ups:
- You must submit an audition information form first. A link to sign up will be sent after the form is received.
- If you sign up for an audition slot and we do not have an audition information form from you, you will be removed from the sign ups. You can sign up only when Wind Studies sends you the link after an audition information form is submitted.
- Once you have signed up for an audition slot, the audition materials will be sent to you. Wind Studies will be sending the materials in batches throughout the day. Please do not email asking for us to send audition materials. This will add to the workload and delay audition information from being sent.
3. RESULTS for round 1 auditions:
- Results from round 1 auditions will be posted on this page. Make sure you check this page after your round 1 audition for your round 2 audition time.
4. ENSEMBLE PLACEMENTS:
- Ensemble placements will be posted on this page. Make sure you check back after round 2 auditions are completed.
- DO NOT EMAIL Wind Studies regarding the status of the placements. We will post them as soon as they are ready!
- If at any time you decide NOT to participate in an ensemble you must contact the Wind Studies administrative assistant by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. IMPORTANT COURSE ENROLLMENT Info:
- Make sure you enroll in the holding course to prevent any problems moving you to your assigned ensemble and to avoid late registration fees.
- NOTE: DO NOT ENROLL AS A WAITLIST IN AN ENSEMBLE COURSE. ONLY ENROLL IN THE HOLDING COURSE LISTED BELOW!
- Undergrad holding course Mulb 1806.520
- Graduate holding course Mulb 5173.520
*FALL 2023 AUDITION SCHEDULE
||Tuesday 8/15/23 & Wednesday 8/16/23
||Tuesday 8/15/23 & Wednesday 8/16/23
Monday 8/14/23 Wind Studies only
Tuesday 8/15/23 Wind Studies, Orchestra, and/or Classical Percussion Ensembles
|Round 2 (A & B)
Wind Studies Ensemble Rehearsal Schedule:
Wind Symphony: Tuesday/Thursday 1:15-4:05 pm (Murchison)
Wind Orchestra: Tuesday/Thursday 12:30-3:15 pm (Murchison)
Wind Ensemble: Tuesday/Thursday 3:30-6:15 pm (Murchison)
Brass Band: Monday/Wednesday 2:15-4:05 pm (MU232)
Concert Band: Monday/Wednesday 1:15-3:15 pm (Murchison)
University Band: Monday/Wednesday 3:30-5:30 pm (Murchison)