Wind Studies and Orchestral Studies Auditions
Note: Audition Sign ups and audition materials will be posted on this page on August 1, 2022
Fall 2022 Audition Dates: August 22-27, 2022
- All instrumental music majors are required to participate in a large ensemble (Mulb) during fall and spring semesters.
- All students participating in ensembles will audition in round one with the instrumental faculty. The results of round one are sent to Wind Studies in two groups (A and B) for round two auditions.
- Students will be assigned an audition slot either for round 2 group A or group B based on the results from round one. This audition will be with the Wind Studies and Orchestral Conductors, and instrumental faculty.
- After round two, the conductors and instrumental faculty will coordinate placements into ensembles. The placements will be posted on the Wind Studies website.
Before you audition you must complete the following requirements:
- Submit an audition information form (to be posted after Spring 2022 semester)
- Enroll in the ensemble holding course:
- Undergrad Mulb 1806.520
- Graduate Mulb 5173.520
- Once you are assigned to an ensemble Wind Studies will move you to your assigned group.
- If you are not enrolled in the holding course, you could incur late registration fees.
- Sign up for a round one audition. If you are not on the signup list for round one auditions, then we do not have you on our list to add to round 2!
ROUND 1 AUDITIONS: Audition links will be posted on August 1, 2022.
1. Audition information form
2. Click the link for your instrument below to sign up for an audition slot and download the audition materials.
3. RESULTS: Check this webpage after round 1 auditions for the round 2 schedule.
4. IMPORTANT: Make sure you enroll in the holding course to prevent any problems moving you to your assigned ensemble and to avoid late registration fees.
Wind Studies Ensemble Rehearsal Schedule:
Wind Symphony: Tuesday/Thursday 1:15-4:05 pm (Murchison)
Wind Orchestra: Tuesday/Thursday 12:30-3:15 pm (Murchison)
Wind Ensemble: Tuesday/Thursday 3:30-6:15 pm (Murchison)
Brass Band: Monday/Wednesday 2:15-4:05 pm (MU232)
Concert Band: Monday/Wednesday 1:15-3:15 pm (Murchison)
University Band: Monday/Wednesday 3:30-5:30 pm (Murchison)