Wind Studies and Orchestral Studies Auditions
Fall 2020 Audition Dates: August 24-29, 2020
August 1, 2020 Audition materials, sign-ups and information form will be posted
The information below explains how the process works and what you will need to do to audition.
1. EVERYONE who auditions, new AND returning students, must complete an audition information form. This form will be posted on 8/1/2020.
2. EVERYONE who auditions, new AND returning students, must also enroll in the Wind Studies ensemble holding section. This can be done anytime, but must be done before the first day of classes so we can swap you into your assigned ensemble.
- Undergraduate students enroll in MULB 1806.520
- Graduate students enroll in MULB 5173.520
3. On or after August 1, 2020 you will sign up for a time slot for round 1 auditions with the instrument faculty.
- Round 1 auditions are held with the instrument faculty.
- After round 1 auditions the instrument faculty will place you into an A group or a B group.
- We will create the round 2 schedule for group A and group B and post the schedule on this website. This is usually posted either the same day or the next day as the round 1 audition depending on when the round 1 results are sent to us. Make sure you check back after round 1 audition for your next audition time. Round 2 auditions will be held the same week.
- Once round 2 auditions are completed and results have been made we will post them on this page. Do not call/contact the Wind Studies office for your results.
4. Download your audition materials which will be posted on this page on 8/1/2020.
Wind Studies Ensemble Rehearsal Schedule:
Wind Symphony: Tuesday/Thursday 1:15-4:05 pm (Murchison)
Wind Orchestra: Tuesday/Thursday 12:30-3:15 pm (Murchison)
Wind Ensemble: Tuesday/Thursday 3:30-6:15 pm (Murchison)
Brass Band: Monday/Wednesday 2:15-4:05 pm (MU232)
Concert Band: Monday/Wednesday 1:15-3:15 pm (Murchison)
University Band: Monday/Wednesday 3:30-5:30 pm (Murchison)