Spring 2024 Ensemble Auditions
Spring audition dates are TENTATIVELY scheduled for November 27- December 5, 2023.
ALL audition information will be posted on this page in October 2023!
- *Important Information:
- The Conductors for each ensemble will be working to make part assignments and will expect students assigned to their ensemble to be in rehearsal on day 1.
- If there is any reason you will not be participating in your assigned ensemble, please email email@example.com as soon as possible.
- Make sure you are enrolled in the ensemble holding course, not a waitlisted course. We will move you to your assigned ensemble.
- Ensemble Holding Courses:
- Undergrad: Mulb 1806.520
- Graduate: Mulb 5173.520
NEW STUDENTS AUDITION INFORMATION
Students who did not attend UNT in the Fall 2023 semester, but want to be placed in a spring ensemble will audition the week before the spring semester.
- Submit an audition information form here: to be posted in October 2023
- Sign up for an audition slot here: to be posted
- We will email you with the date and time for your audition.
- Enroll in the ensemble holding course Mulb 1806.520 (undergrad) or Mulb 5173.520 (graduate). Once you are placed we will move you to your assigned ensemble. You need to be enrolled in the holding course to prevent late registration fees.
- Below is the list of audition materials for each instrument:
RETURNING STUDENTS AUDITION INFORMATION
Spring 2024 Auditions
- Current Wind Symphony, Wind Orchestra and Brass Band members will not audition.
- Current Wind Ensemble, Concert Band and University band members will need to audition for spring ensembles.
- All marching band members who are music majors need to audition to be placed in a spring ensemble.
- November 2023 -dates tbd
- The sign up links for each instrument will be posted in October 2023. If you have a class conflict, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an alternate time. If you do not have a class during your instrument audition time frame, you must audition during that time frame. We have a limited schedule for the audition space due other events.
- Important info:
- To prevent conflicts with your placement, do not schedule any classes during the ensemble rehearsal times until after you have been placed in an ensemble.
- There will only be one round with Wind Studies staff.
- To audition, you need to submit an information form, sign up for a time slot, then download your audition materials.
- Make sure you submit an information form. This is used by the panel during your audition.
- Make sure you enroll in the ensemble holding course. Once you are placed in an ensemble, we will move you into your assigned ensemble. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR A WAITLIST POSITION IN ONE OF THE WIND STUDIES ENSEMBLES.
Audition Information Form
- Click here: to be posted in Oct 2023
- This form MUST be submitted for everyone! The audition panel uses this form during your auditions for placements.
Audition Sign Up Links - Click on instrument - links will be posted in October 2023
- Important: If you have a class conflict during the audition slots for your instrument, please email email@example.com for an alternate time. Due to limited time and space, we can only offer an alternate time for class conflicts. Any other conflict must be worked out so you can attend your audition.
- STOP! BEFORE YOU SIGN UP FOR AN AUDITION MAKE SURE YOU SUBMIT AN AUDITION INFORMATION FORM!!!
- Trombone (tenor & bass)
- Flute -
- Oboe -
- Bassoon -
- Clarinet -
- Saxophone -
- Trumpet -
- Tenor trombone -
- Bass trombone -
- Euphonium - 2
- Percussion -
ALL Wind Studies Students need to enroll in the ensemble holding course and we will move you to your assigned ensemble.
DO NOT SIGN UP FOR A WAITLIST POSITION FOR ANY OF THE ENSEMBLES. ONLY SIGN UP FOR THE HOLDING COURSES BELOW.
Undergrad holding course: Mulb 1806.520
Graduate holding course: Mulb 5173.520
Wind Studies Ensemble Rehearsal Schedule:
Wind Symphony: Tuesday/Thursday 1:15-4:05 pm (Murchison)
Wind Orchestra: Tuesday/Thursday 12:30-3:15 pm (Murchison)
Wind Ensemble: Tuesday/Thursday 3:30-6:15 pm (Murchison)
Brass Band: Monday/Wednesday 2:15-4:05 pm (MU232)
Concert Band: Monday/Wednesday 1:15-3:15 pm (Murchison)
University Band: Monday/Wednesday 3:30-6:00 pm (Murchison)