Spring 2024 Ensemble Auditions
Spring 2024 Ensemble Placements:
**IMPORTANT: The Spring 2024 Ensemble placements are posted below. The conductor of each group will be making part assignments based on these placements. If you are unable to fulfill your placement, you MUST notify us immediately by emailing both Heather Coffin (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dr. Trachsel (email@example.com).
Wind Studies will be processing enrollment swaps to move each student from the ensemble holding course into their assigned ensemble.
Click here for the placements: Spring 2024 Wind Studies Ensemble Placements
- After placements are posted, if you decide not to participate in their assigned ensemble, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
- To prevent conflicts with your placement, do not schedule any classes during the ensemble rehearsal times until after you have been placed in an ensemble.
- Make sure you enroll in the ensemble holding course. Once you are placed in an ensemble, we will move you into your assigned ensemble.
- DO NOT SIGN UP FOR A WAITLIST POSITION IN ONE OF THE WIND STUDIES ENSEMBLES.
ALL Wind Studies Students need to enroll in the ensemble holding course and we will move you to your assigned ensemble.
DO NOT SIGN UP FOR A WAITLIST POSITION FOR ANY OF THE ENSEMBLES. ONLY SIGN UP FOR THE HOLDING COURSES BELOW.
Undergrad holding course: Mulb 1806.520
Graduate holding course: Mulb 5173.520
NEW STUDENTS AUDITION INFORMATION
Students who did not attend UNT in the Fall 2023 semester, but want to be placed in a spring ensemble will audition the week before the spring semester.
- Submit an audition information form here: Audition Information Form
- Sign up for an audition slot here: Sign Ups
- We will email you with the date and time for your audition.
- Enroll in the ensemble holding course Mulb 1806.520 (undergrad) or Mulb 5173.520 (graduate). Once you are placed we will move you to your assigned ensemble. You need to be enrolled in the holding course to prevent late registration fees.
- Below is the list of audition materials for each instrument:
Wind Studies Ensemble Rehearsal Schedule:
Wind Symphony: Tuesday/Thursday 1:15-4:05 pm (Murchison)
Wind Orchestra: Tuesday/Thursday 12:30-3:15 pm (Murchison)
Wind Ensemble: Tuesday/Thursday 3:30-6:15 pm (Murchison)
Brass Band: Monday/Wednesday 2:15-4:05 pm (MU232)
Concert Band: Monday/Wednesday 1:15-3:15 pm (Murchison)
University Band: Monday/Wednesday 3:30-6:00 pm (Murchison)