Spring 2023 Ensemble Placements
UPDATE 1/6/23 All ensemble placements are posted in the link below, INCLUDING PERCUSSION. The incorrect time for University Band was posted on the first posting. That time has been updated.
- *Important Information:
- The Conductors for each ensemble will be working to make part assignments and will expect students assigned to their ensemble to be in rehearsal on day 1.
- If there is any reason you will not be participating in your assigned ensemble, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
- Make sure you are enrolled in the ensemble holding course, not a waitlisted course. We will move you to your assigned ensemble.
- Ensemble Holding Courses:
- Undergrad: Mulb 1806.520
- Graduate: Mulb 5173.520
UPDATED 1/6/23 Click link for ensemble assignments: Spring 2023 Ensemble Placements
NEW STUDENTS AUDITION INFORMATION
Students who did not attend UNT in the Fall 2022 semester, but want to be placed in a spring ensemble will audition the week before the spring semester.
- Submit an audition information form here: Audition information form
- Sign up for an audition slot here: January Auditions
- We will email you by January 6th with the date and time for your audition.
- Enroll in the ensemble holding course Mulb 1806.520 (undergrad) or Mulb 5173.520 (graduate). Once you are placed we will move you to your assigned ensemble. You need to be enrolled in the holding course to prevent late registration fees.
- Below is the list of audition materials for each instrument:
RETURNING STUDENTS AUDITION INFORMATION
Spring 2023 Auditions
- Current Wind Symphony, Wind Orchestra and Brass Band members will not audition.
- Current Wind Ensemble, Concert Band and University band members will need to audition for spring ensembles.
- All marching band members who are music majors need to audition to be placed in a spring ensemble.
- November 28 - December 2, 2022
- The sign up links for each instrument are below. If you have a class conflict, please email email@example.com for an alternate time. If you do not have a class during your instrument audition time frame, you must audition during that time frame. We have a limited schedule for the audition space due other events.
- Important info:
- To prevent conflicts with your placement, do not schedule any classes during the ensemble rehearsal times until after you have been placed in an ensemble.
- There will only be one round with Wind Studies staff.
- To audition, you need to submit an information form, sign up for a time slot, then download your audition materials.
- Make sure you submit an information form. This is used by the panel during your audition.
- Make sure you enroll in the ensemble holding course. Once you are placed in an ensemble, we will move you into your assigned ensemble. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR A WAITLIST POSITION IN ONE OF THE WIND STUDIES ENSEMBLES.
Audition Information Form
- Click here: Audition information form
- This form MUST be submitted for everyone! The audition panel uses this form during your auditions for placements.
Audition Sign Up Links - Click on instrument
- Important: If you have a class conflict during the audition slots for your instrument, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an alternate time. Due to limited time and space, we can only offer an alternate time for class conflicts. Any other conflict must be worked out so you can attend your audition.
- STOP! BEFORE YOU SIGN UP FOR AN AUDITION MAKE SURE YOU SUBMIT AN AUDITION INFORMATION FORM!!!
- Flute - Updated materials posted 11/18/22
- Oboe - Updated materials posted 11/18/22
- Bassoon - Updated materials posted 11/18/22
- Clarinet - 11/14/22 Updated materials posted
- Saxophone - Updated materials posted 11/18/22
- Trumpet - Updated materials posted 11/18/22
- Tenor trombone - Updated materials posted 11/18/22
- Bass trombone - Updated materials posted 11/18/22
- Euphonium - Updated materials posted 11/18/22
- Percussion - Update 11/16/22: In addition to the prescribed Xylophone and Snare Drum excerpts, percussionists must also perform a 1-minute mallet solo excerpt of their choosing.
ALL Wind Studies Students need to enroll in the ensemble holding course and we will move you to your assigned ensemble.
DO NOT SIGN UP FOR A WAITLIST POSITION FOR ANY OF THE ENSEMBLES. ONLY SIGN UP FOR THE HOLDING COURSES BELOW.
Undergrad holding course: Mulb 1806.520
Graduate holding course: Mulb 5173.520
Wind Studies Ensemble Rehearsal Schedule:
Wind Symphony: Tuesday/Thursday 1:15-4:05 pm (Murchison)
Wind Orchestra: Tuesday/Thursday 12:30-3:15 pm (Murchison)
Wind Ensemble: Tuesday/Thursday 3:30-6:15 pm (Murchison)
Brass Band: Monday/Wednesday 2:15-4:05 pm (MU232)
Concert Band: Monday/Wednesday 1:15-3:15 pm (Murchison)
University Band: Monday/Wednesday 3:30-6:00 pm (Murchison)