Wind Studies and Orchestral Studies Auditions
FINAL RESULTS FULL LIST as of 8am 8.26.19
ROUND 2 AUDITIONS:
PIANO: Audition Times
8.14.19**We have a student worker position open for Wind Studies Stage Crew.
If you are interested please apply on Handshake through your My.UNT account for Job#2981705.
Welcome to 2019 Fall Auditions
Please make sure you read and complete all steps to avoid any complications or delay with your auditions!
2019 FALL AUDITION DATES:
AUGUST 1, 2019: Audition material, Audition info form and signup links are posted
AUGUST 19-24, 2019: Auditions Round 1 & 2
Wind Studies and Orchestral Studies
2019 FALL AUDITIONS:
You MUST be ENROLLED in the HOLDING COURSE if you are auditioning for a concert ensemble!!!!
We will move you to the course for your assigned ensemble. If you were not assigned we will drop you from the holding course.
Undergrad MULB 1806.520
Graduate MULB 5173.520
PIANO AUDITIONS FOR CONCERT ENSEMBLE:
1: Complete the Audition Information Form 2019 Audition Information Form
**Once the time and date is confirmed, we will contact you with your time slot*
August 1-16, 2019:
Complete and Submit the Audition Information Form- EVERYONE AUDITIONING MUST COMPLETE THIS FORM!!!!
This needs to be completed BEFORE you sign up for your audition slot!!!
- Fill out the ENTIRE form (if an item does not apply to you, simply enter “N/A”).
- Applied teacher: If you have not been assigned an applied teacher, please refer to list below and use the faculty listed for your instrument.
- Note: Your student ID is the 8-digit number assigned to you by UNT, NOT your username (combination of letters and numbers).
Flute- Mary Karen Clardy firstname.lastname@example.org
Trumpet - John Holt email@example.com
Enroll in the Holding Section (labeled as “Wind Symphony” or "Large Ensemble: Band" in the Course Catalog)
- For Undergraduate students, this course is MULB 1806.520
- For Graduate students, this course is MULB 5173.520.
- Please be aware: If you are not enrolled in the holding course you could incur late registration fees
► Be sure to download and print the required excerpts for your instrument – happy practicing!
- Flute audition material, Piccolo audition material
- Oboe audition material (updated 8/9/19)
- Bassoon audition material
- Clarinet audition material
- Saxophone audition material
- Trumpet audition material
- Horn audition material
- Tenor Trombone audition material
- Bass Trombone audition material
- Euphonium audition material
- Tuba audition material
- Percussion audition material
August 19-24, 2019:
Round 1 and Round 2 Auditions; Ensemble Assignments Determined
Complete your Round 1 Audition (w/ applied faculty) – Good luck!
Determine your Round 2 Audition Time
- This time slot will be assigned to you. Within 1-2 days of your Round 1 Audition, your Round 2 Audition time will be posted on the Wind Studies website.
- PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE WIND STUDIES OFFICE ASKING WHEN YOUR ROUND 2 AUDITION IS, AS IT ONLY PROLONGS THE PROCESS! We will post the times once all results from the applied faculty are sent to us – we promise
Complete your Round 2 Audition (w/ applied faculty and ensemble faculty) – Good luck!
Determine your Ensemble Assignment
- Within 1-2 days of your Round 2 Audition, your ensemble assignment will be posted on the Wind Studies website – make sure you know your ensemble’s rehearsal schedule!
- Note: All Wind Studies ensembles WILL rehearse during the first week of classes