Wind Studies and Orchestral Studies Auditions
Fall 2021 Audition Dates: August 16-20, 2021
- All instrumental music majors are required to participate in a large ensemble (Mulb) during fall and spring semesters.
- All students participating in ensembles will audition in round one with the instrumental faculty. The results of round one are sent to Wind Studies in two groups (A and B) for round two auditions.
- Students will be assigned an audition slot either for round 2 group A or group B based on the results from round one. This audition will be with the Wind Studies and Orchestral Conductors, and instrumental faculty.
- After round two, the conductors and instrumental faculty will coordinate placements into ensembles. The placements will be posted on the Wind Studies website.
Before you audition you must complete the following requirements:
- Submit an audition information form.
- Enroll in the ensemble holding course:
- Undergrad Mulb 1806.520
- Graduate Mulb 5173.520
- Once you are assigned to an ensemble Wind Studies will move you to your assigned group.
- If you are not enrolled in the holding course, you could incur late registration fees.
- Sign up for a round one audition. If you are not on the signup list for round one auditions, then we do not have you on our list to add to round 2!
ROUND 1 AUDITIONS:
1. Audition information form - Everyone auditioning MUST have a current form submitted to prevent any issues with your audition.
2. Click the link for your instrument below to sign up for an audition slot and download the audition materials.
3. Check this webpage after round 1 auditions for the round 2 schedule.
4. Make sure you enroll in the holding course to prevent any problems moving you to your assigned ensemble and to avoid late registration fees.
BEFORE YOU SIGN UP YOU NEED TO SUBMIT AN AUDITION INFORMATION FORM (see #1 above)
Round 2 Auditions: Try to arrive at round 2 auditions warmed up. Space for warm ups is limited.
UPDATED 8/21: YOU MUST BE ENROLLED IN MULB 1806.520 (undergrad)/5173.520(graduate) so we can move you to your assigned ensemble!!
FLUTE: Flute Round 2 Group A Schedule : Flute Round 2 Group B Schedule : FLUTE ROUND 2 Partial RESULTS 8/20 Update 8/22: FLUTE FINAL RESULTS
OBOE : Oboe Round 2 Schedule : UPDATE 8/21: OBOE FINAL RESULTS
BASSOON : Bassoon Round 2 Group A Schedule : Bassoon Round 2 Group B Schedule : UPDATE 8/21: BASSOON FINAL RESULTS
CLARINET : Clarinet Round 2 Group A Schedule : Clarinet Round 2 Group B Schedule : UPDATE 8/21: CLARINET FINAL RESULTS
SAXOPHONE : Saxophone Round 2 Group A Schedule : Saxophone Round 2 Group B Schedule : UPDATE 8/21: SAXOPHONE FINAL RESULTS
TRUMPET : Trumpet Round 2 Group A Schedule : Trumpet Round 2 Group B Schedule : UPDATE 8/21: TRUMPET FINAL RESULTS
HORN : Horn Round 2 Group A Schedule : Horn Round 2 Group B Schedule : UPDATE 8/21: HORN FINAL RESULTS
TENOR TROMBONE BASS TROMBONE : Bass and Tenor Trombone Round 2 A Schedule : Bass and Tenor Trombone Round 2 B Schedule : UPDATE 8/21: TROMBONE FINAL RESULTS
EUPHONIUM : Euphonium Round 2 Group A Schedule : Euphonium Round 2 Group B Schedule : UPDATE 8/21: EUPHONIUM FINAL RESULTS
TUBA : Tuba Round 2 Group A Schedule : Tuba Round 2 Group B Schedule : UPDATE 8/21: TUBA FINAL RESULTS
PERCUSSION : Percussion Round 2 Group A Schedule : Percussion Round 2 Group B Schedule : UPDATE 8/21: PERCUSSION FINAL RESULTS
Wind Studies Ensemble Rehearsal Schedule:
Wind Symphony: Tuesday/Thursday 1:15-4:05 pm (Murchison)
Wind Orchestra: Tuesday/Thursday 12:30-3:15 pm (Murchison)
Wind Ensemble: Tuesday/Thursday 3:30-6:15 pm (Murchison)
Brass Band: Monday/Wednesday 2:15-4:05 pm (MU232)
Concert Band: Monday/Wednesday 1:15-3:15 pm (Murchison)
University Band: Monday/Wednesday 3:30-5:30 pm (Murchison)